This page is for Foreign Students who wish to apply to the Department of Anthropology’s Ph.D. Program. For Taiwanese students, please visit the Chinese version of this page.
Approximate Number of Positions for Foreign Ph.D. Candidates: 2
Pre-Requisites and Qualifications
1. Only foreign students who are not from Mainland China, Hong Kong or Macao may apply in this manner. If you are uncertain of your status as a foreign student please check your status on the International Student’s Website.
2. Graduates of a Master’s Program with a GPA in the top 20th percentile.
3. Students who have had at least two years of university Chinese classes.
Required Application Materials
1. NTU Online Application Forms (sign-in to the online system)
1. An essay, written in Chinese detailing the applicant’s plan for study abroad, containing a personal biography and purpose of study.
2. A research proposal, written in Chinese, no less than three thousand words long, including research motivation, objectives, methods and significance.
3. A copy of the student’s Master’s thesis as well as publications or conference papers
4. Non-native English speakers should present proof of English language ability (eg. TOFEL or IELTS).
Submitting Your Application
- Please submit your application to the Department of Anthropology via NTU’s online application system by (Date).
a. The link for the application system can be found here. (link)
b. More information on applying to NTU can be found on the International Students Website (here).
- After submitting your application you will be contacted by the department for an interview.
- You may log onto the online application system to check your results starting from (date)
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the department
Phone:: +886 (02) 3366-4744