|Assistant / Associate / Full Professorship in Cultural Anthropology
|All applicants should have a Ph.D. in a related field by the time of application and be able to teach in both Mandarin and English. Applicants should also be able to teach introductory courses in cultural anthropology, field methods of cultural anthropology, and regional ethnography.
|POSITIONS TO BE FILLED
|At least one
|DATE OF EMPLOYMENT
|August 1, 2024 (to be confirmed)
|1. curriculum vitae and a statement of future research plans (both Chinese and English versions required);
2. a photocopy of Ph.D. diploma (authentication by Taiwan’s embassies and missions abroad required for foreign diplomas); or official proof, issued by the candidate’s graduating institution, of having received a degree;
3. photocopies of major academic diplomas and certificates (including teaching certification, such as an Academic Teaching Rank Accreditation Certificate issued by the Taiwan Ministry of Education);
4. two recommendation letters from members of the academic community (to be sent directly by the referrers via mail or e-mail to this department before the application deadline; recommendation letters sent via physical mail should include the referrer’s institutional information and signature; e-mailed letters should include a scanned recommendation letter with the referrer’s signature and be sent from the referrer’s professional e-mail account);
5. a detailed list of publications;
6. representative works published in the past five years (i.e., published after August 1, 2019): a Chinese or English introduction and abstract are required if original not published in Chinese / English; at least two representative works are required if they are journal papers or book chapters and one if a book (a doctoral dissertation may be used if applying for an assistant professorship and does not need to have been published);
7. works for additional reference, published in the past seven years, may also be included (five at most, published after August 1, 2017);
8. syllabi for three or more courses related to the applicant’s stated research areas.
|All materials must be received by 17:30, October 31, 2023 (Taiwan time).
|1. Three hard copies and one digital copy (by e-mail, CD, or cloud drive) of all the documents, except the recommendation letters, should be sent to:
Mr. Yin-chia Su
Assistant, Search Committee,
Department of Anthropology, National Taiwan University
No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Rd., Da-An Dist.
Taipei, TAIWAN 106319
Please contact Mr. Yin-chia Su at +886-2-3366-4730 / email@example.com if there are any questions.
2. Applicants for whom we have received all materials and whose materials have passed the preliminary review by the selection committee will be invited to give a formal talk and for an interview with NTU faculty members.
|Position Announcement_Cultural Anthropology